Grasso Technical High School has a diverse selection of boys and girls athletic programs. The sports range from basketball and baseball to football and cheerleading. Student athletes are taught to work well with others and show sportsmanship on and off the field. Offering athletics is just another way we create responsible students and prepare them for the real world.
Spring Sports 2019-2020 Schedule Poster (pdf)
Meet the Grasso Tech Athletic Staff:
To sign up for a sport at Grasso you must complete the following 4 steps:
1. Student athletes must complete the online sport sign-up by clicking the link below and completing the entire questionnaire:
(Students and Parents must be signed into their CTHSS account to complete online sign-up.)
2. Parents and Student athletes must Print, Read and sign all the documents in the Athlete Eligibility Packet. This includes completing all of the state mandated concussion training. This packet should be turned into the Athletic Director prior to the season starting.
3. Parents and Student athletes must complete all the concussion training. That includes reading and signing the forms in the Athlete eligibility packet and clicking on the link below to complete the online training.
Once you click on the concussion training link above you will be brought to the CIAC main page. You then must click on sports Medicine/Concussion in the blue tab at the top of the screen.
- Once you are on the Conncussion Central Site you should click on and read all the info included in the red tab that says Home, The Law and Education Plan. This is what it looks like when you get on the site:
4. All Student Athletes must have a current physical on file with the school nurse. Sports physicals are valid for 13 months.
You must complete all of the forms in the Athlete Eligibility Packet in order to start football
You must contact Coach Darin Jones for summer workouts and official practice times.
Once school begins there will be daily transportation provided for our Grasso football players to Norwich Tech for practice. Parents will need to pick their child up at Norwich Tech after practice each day.
Coach Darin Jones
Cell Number: 860-625-7971