Head Coach: Shawn Carpenter
Levels: Junior Varsity and Varsity - grades 9-12
Game sites: Off-site / Start times: 3:30 p.m. / Admissions: Free
- First Practice Session: October 12th
- Returning Member Try-out match: October 19th
- Clinic (mandatory): October 24th
- Try-out Match (mandatory): October 26th
Interested in Joining the Rifle Team?
- Information Letter
- Meeting Announcement flyer
- All students that want to Join Rifle must complete (Athletics Page)
- Athletic Sign-up Form
- Athletic Eligibility Form
- Concussion training - parents too.
- Quaker Hill Rod & Gun Club Directions and Address
- Fill out Member Information Form
2017 - 18 Varsity Record: 0 - 0
2017 - 18 Junior Varsity Record: 0 - 0
13-time Mohegan/Pequot Conference Champions
7-time Vo-Tech/Constitution State Conference Champions
28 Connecticut All-State Team Members
Rifle is a co-ed sport where shooters compete equally. Many times the women outshoot the men. We are open to all students at Grasso Tech. Though we are technically a winter sport we operate from mid-October to mid-March. We start each season with a safety clinic at the end of October followed by tryouts.
Practices start at the beginning of November and matches start in December. Fall athletes are still eligible to try out and compete in rifle but we will need to juggle schedules as there is some overlap.
The Rifle Team competes in the Connecticut High School Rifle League (CTHSRL). Our direct competition is in the Quinnipiac Conference of the CTHSRL, which consists of Avon Old Farms, Montville High School, Suffield Academy and the Wilbraham and Monson Academy. The team also competes in a number of state and national tournaments throughout the season.